This review of FireFox is being written after only having utilized the software for a few hours. That said, there may be features that I am not seeing.
Upon initial view, the download is relatively quick as is the setup. The first time the user accesses FireFox a guide is offered to walk to user through some of the software's options. FireFox also has a synchronization feature allowing the user to synchronize browser history, bookmarks, passwords, etc. The features of FireFox are much like any other web browser: Tabs, Favorites, Tool Bar, etc. It may be a matter of perception, but FireFox appears faster and cleaner than Internet Explorer. I did not play around with the add-on feature, but I do like the idea of it. I utilize a lot of add-ons in some video games I use and I can see their effectiveness.
I opened up my WebD220 class in both FireFox and Internet Explorer at the same time and viewed them on two separate monitors at the same time. As previously mentioned the overall look on FireFox appeared cleaner. I could see more shadowing and details of the webpage; however, the avatar/video did not show up on FireFox at all while it did on Internet Explorer. This unveiled a larger issue with utilizing FireFox. Many other supplemental software is developed with Microsoft products in mind. That said, by using FireFox the user may be missing out on other details such as the avatar/video in my class.
All in all, in my limited usage of the product, I liked FireFox. If you would like to try out the web browser you can download it at: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
No comments:
Post a Comment